It actually worked!

I was a bit apprehensive this morning when I went to check out the paint job from yesteday.

A heavy morning dew had left all the porch beams.  Last week, when I first tried to paint them, water had caused the latex paint to curl on the aluminum beams.

But this morning, lo and behold, no such worries. So the answer to painting aluminum is to use a Rust-Oleum oil based cover primer.  Then, you can use Latex Acrylic to paint over that, after it has dried of course.

I did strip some paint off when I took down the frog tape.  The remedy for that is obviously to use a case cutter and make sure there is no paint sticking between the painted beam area and the frogtape that I used to protect the screen.

No painting today, as the weather is bad, but I can get the screen patcher (see previous post), and scrape clean / prep the remaining beams to get them ready for painting tomorrow, before I put up the remaining grilles.

Meanwhile, I hope you are enjoying as much as I am the sudden collapse of the web of lies perpetrated by the molesting fraud in the White House and his enablers in the Senate.

 

gsd icon

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.