Today’s already Tuesday. Only 5 days left before Geneva, our German Shep puppy, arrives at our home.
There’s still much work to do.
Having finally mastered the art of repairing screens, prepping and painting aluminum siding that holds the screens in place, and treating the grilles that will keep Genevan from busting through the screens, I’m now ready to install the next 6 screens in the panels you see in the pic above — providing the rains don’t return.
Unfortunately, the grilles have yet to arrive at Loewe’s — even though I ordered them last Wednesday. Is it any wonder that Amazon eats the lunch of these big box stores, that don’t even have real checkout cashiers anymore?
So today is going to be busy.
Here is what I have to do:
- Drive my wife to work done
- Get a haircut done
- Have the bank cut a certified check for Geneva’s breeder done
- Buy a large box of baking soda (to remove the last vestiges of mold from the porch floor) done
- Check if the grilles have arrived at Lowe’s 12 should be here tomorrow
- Buy a chaise long at Lowe’s done
- Prep the 3 panels (scrape, sand, primer then paint)
- Get some cold cuts and other household items done
- Continue to follow up on the sliding glass door contract done
- Pick up my wife around 4pm done
- Buy a new pair of cargo pants done
- Oil change done
If the grilles are not at Lowe’s, then I will have to cross my fingers and hope that they arrive tomorrow, and that no-one swipes them before me.
Tomorrow is the last day for outside porch work.
Starting Thursday, I will focus on getting the living and my “studio” (where I do my computer work, and have all my books) Geneva-proof. I am giving a two-day allowance for that, as there’s a chance that we will be picking up Geneva on Sat, instead of Sunday, and there’s tons of things to do inside the house too.
That’s it for now. Gotta go!